Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A New Gig

Today I signed another agreement - to be an editorial intern for Entangled Publishing. They're a new company with an innovative revenue model that has resulted in skyrocketing growth. Recently they signed a worldwide distribution agreement with Macmillan.

I've wanted to be an editor since I was a kid. That's odd, isn't it? Most girls back then wanted to be ballerinas or nurses or teachers. But I adored books, a love sparked by the library in Readfield, Maine, an ancient Colonial house crammed with dusty books. From then on, I was a voracious reader. I devoured every single Nancy Drew--and all the Hardy Boys. Fairy tales, adventure, 1950s sci fi, mysteries, historical sagas...anything I could get my hands on.

It seemed like a dream job to work with actually producing the books.  Still does. Recent experience mentoring three writers for PitchWars, an online agent contest, sparked that interest again. It was pure fun reading their work and providing feedback they said helped them improve their books.

When I saw that Entangled had an editor, Rochelle French, interested in cozy mysteries, I knew it was a match. I not only write them, they are one of my favorite genres. Along with dark and suspenseful, but hey, I have eclectic tastes in both reading and writing. 

This is another step toward the career I want to live--immersed in books and screenplays and creative projects. Along the way, I hope to help other aspiring authors see their books in print!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's very exciting news. Congratulations! Incidentally The Fool tarot card was a key inspiration for one of my books :) Nice to see you here-hope you'll join again next week to tell us what inspires your own writing!

Mia Celeste said...

What awesome news! I bet you'll be great.

http://www.miaceleste.com/?p=227